Apple brings its game into market
Things to know:
- It is the only 4 Inch phone launched right now in the market.
- It is powered similar to its flagship device.
- It is the cheapest iPhone launched yet by Apple.
A 4 inch screen
LED-backlit IPS LCD, capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors , retina display.
640 x 1136 pixels (~326 ppi pixel density)
Comparison to flagship
It uses the same chipset as the flagship(A9 architecture)
- The rear iSight camera is speced out across the board just like the iPhone 6S camera, without optical image stabilization, or OIS, in the Plus-sized iPhones.
- It is expected to have better battery life, 14 hours talk time, 10 days standby time, 12 hours of 3G Internet, 13 hours on LTE, 13 hours on Wi-Fi, 13 hours of video playback, 50 hours of audio playback, which is better than the average.
- The whole lineup has consisted of aluminum and glass builds. The iPhone 6/6 Plus and iPhone 6S/6S Plus all have full-metal backs while the iPhone SE has the same mostly-metal back with rear-glass near the top and bottom. All iPhone models offer space gray, silver or gold options, but you’ll want to buy the iPhone SE or iPhone 6S/6S Plus if you want a rose gold phone.
- Screen size obviously varies with the 4-inch iPhone SE, 4.7-inch iPhone 6/6s, and 5.5-inch iPhone 6/6s Plus, but there are other display differences as well. For example, only the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus feature pressure-sensitive 3D Touch displays, which let you interact with iOS in more efficient ways. Bigger screens also have higher resolutions, and the Plus-sized iPhones have a higher pixel-per-inch count at 401 ppi compared to the medium and small models at 326 ppi.
- Expected to see benchmark score comparisons when the iPhone SE hits stores, but for now the iPhone SE is on par with the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus thanks to its A9 chip. The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus use 1.5 year old A8 chips. The embedded M9 chip is found on the SE, 6S and 6S Plus, which enables features like always-on Hey Siri. This means the $400 iPhone SE is faster than the $550 iPhone 6.
- Smaller also means lighter: the iPhone SE comes in at 3.99 ounces, the iPhone 6 at 4.55 ounces, iPhone 6S at 5.04 ounces, iPhone 6 Plus at 6.07 ounces, and iPhone 6S Plus at 6.77 ounces. The smaller, boxier design makes it the thickest iPhone, though, at 7.6 mm; the iPhone 6S Plus is next at 7.3 mm, the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6 Plus are tied at 7.1 mm, and the iPhone 6 is the thinnest at 6.9 mm.
- But the loss of 3D touch on the new iPhone SE is a major setback as it was a great feature on the flagship iPhone 6S.
|From below: 6S Plus, 6S, iPhone SE|