Motorola announces Moto C, its budget smartphone in India
Motorola Mobility announced a newest addition to their budget smartphone series today. Moto C, officially confirmed by the company few weeks before launched today. The Moto C features the present generation Motorola design with micro-textured back cover.
There has been no mention of Moto CPlus or the alleged Moto E which were supposed to be launched alongside the device.
According to the reports fewer people are expected to upgrade to smartphones because of concerns over price, need and ability to use. We see this as a huge opportunity for a brand like us to initiate the smartphone journey for feature phone users. At Motorola, we focus on mobility through device innovation, user-centric design and smart connectivity to offer the best possible smartphone experience to the consumers.
– Sudhin Mathur, Managing Director, Motorola Mobility India & Country Head, Lenovo Mobile Biz Group
Motorola Moto C Specifications
- Operating System: Android 7.0 Nougat
- Processor: MediaTek MT6737 with up to 1.1GHz 64 bit quad-core CPU | Mali T720 GPU
- Display 5-inch (12.5cm) FWVGA (854×480)
- RAM: 1 GB
- Internal Storage: 16 GB; expandable up to 32Gb with microSD card
- Rear Camera: 5MP with auto-focus | Digital zoom | LED flash
- Front Camera: 2MP with fixed-focus
- Battery: 2,350 mAh
- Dimensions: 145.5 x 73.6 x 9.0 mm
- Weight: 154 grams
- Colors: Pearl White, Starry Black
Priced at ₹5,999 ($94), the Moto C will be avalable in all leading offline and online stores in India starting today.
With the devices like the Redmi 4 and Redmi 4A in the market around the same price tag and better specifications, it will be interesting to see if Motorola’s near stock android software put this device over the top?